This competition began in 1990 as a forum to encourage the young artists of tomorrow.
The 2013 Youth Art Competition at the Galeria – April 10-26, 2012
Opening Reception: Sunday, April 14 from 2-5pm
The 2013 Youth Art Competition at the Galeria is brought to you by Friends of Polish Art and the Polish Mission of the Orchard Lake Schools. This competition is open to all students to bolster their interest in the arts. We seek original works created by students in all media. In keeping with this goal, Friends of Polish Art and the Polish Mission call upon all teachers, school principals, and other interested persons in Southeastern Michigan area schools to help us in seeking out interested, talented student artists.
Students in Grades 7 – 12 in all public, private, and parochial schools in Southeastern Michigan are eligible to enter. Awards totaling $350 are offered this year (1st Place, 2nd Place, 3rd Place, the Polish Mission Award and Best Polish Theme*) as well as Honorable Mention ribbons.
*Should there not be a Polish Theme of sufficient merit, FPA/OLS reserves the right to not award.
The Opening Reception takes place on Sunday, April 14 from 2-4pm, with the Awards Presentation at 3pm.
Gallery hours to view the exhibit are from April 10-26, Wednesdays 12-3pm & Fridays 10-3pm, or by appointment.
- Art intake at the Galeria (Bldg. 8): Saturday, March 23 from 10-2pm or by appointment March 22 & 25
- Opening reception: Sunday, April 14 from 2-5pm, awards presentation at 3pm
- Last day of exhibit: Friday, April 26
- Art pick-up at the Galeria (Bldg. 8): Saturday, April 27 from 10-2pm or by appointment
- Up to three entries per student, all media
- Work from the previous school year not previously submitted to the Youth Art Competition may be submitted
- A completed, official Entry Form must be attached to each entry
- All entries must be delivered to the Galeria in person on art intake day at the Galeria (Bldg. 8): Saturday, March 23 10-2 or by appointment Friday, March 22 or Monday, March 25
- An artist may only win one award
Contact the Galeria:
The Polish Mission of the Orchard Lake Schools
The Galeria, Bldg. 8
3535 Indian Trail, Orchard Lake, MI 48324